Monday, May 20, 2013

End of Pregnancy Poem

This is a poem written by a friend of the family back in 1959 when Audrey was within due date range with her first baby. Its funny but true!! :)


Every day ten times or so,
The telephone rings.

Friends and relatives asking:
"How's things?

Are you still there?
Why don't you go?

What's the matter?
How come so slow?"

And every day I get fatter and more round
It's harder to stand, and WORSE to sit down!

Each day goes more slowly,
My spirits more lowly.

Wearily I ask my mate,
"Is this to be a PERMANENT state?!"

And so dear friends and relatives who call,
Please reconsider, one and all.

If you think about it, you'll conclude that MAYBE
NO ONE WANTS MORE THAN ME TO HAVE THIS BABY!

1 comment:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! Early Pregnancy

    ReplyDelete