Saturday, December 17, 2011

A year ago today, our life began



On December 17, 2011, 11 days before Christmas, 1 day after her due date and after 74 days in the NICU, Eleanor Dayle, my miracle baby came home. That video was filmed by my husband as we walked in the door and Ella and her big sister Olivia got to be together for the first time outside of a hospital. ALL of us were together for the first time outside of a hospital.

The last year has been a whirlwind. It's been the most amazing and stressful year of my life. I've dealt with Ella going back into the hospital with a life threatening illness for 10 days, severe postpartum depression that was beyond debilitating, moving, death in the family...but through it all, this tiny baby, this 2 pound baby girl who was so forcefully brought into the world before her time has grown. She's grown and changed and is now this amazing 1 year old who is over 19 pounds! She crawls, she pulls herself up and cruises on furniture, she says "mama", "dada", "done" and "no". She signs "milk", "more" and "done" and has a strong, independent, intense personality. She's an awful sleeper, she gets into the dogs water multiple times a day, she crawls up the stairs and never stops eating (solids AND mama's milk).

I honestly cannot put into words what today means for me. I cannot put into words how the experience of having a baby so small, so sick, so frail yet so strong and brave has changed me. It has imprinted my soul. It has shaped my entire life. My life was complete when my children were together under one roof, in our home.

I feel so blessed. I have amazing friends, a wonderful husband and family and two incredible, fabulous, strong, independent little girls. I truly love running this blog as well as Breastmilk for Preemies and being a doula. This post has been kind of a tangent I realize...I just kind of let the words flow.

Thank you all for being a part of my life and reading this blog. I love being a part of The Good Letdown. I love what we created...we all do. This community means so very much to us. Thank you all. <3






3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your post. This post really help me a lot and I have learnt some new things from your blog. I am bookmark your blog for future visit.
    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post. This post really awesome and very helpful to me. Please keep posting good contents. Thank you.
    kimera

    ReplyDelete