Monday, November 7, 2011

NNIPL November - Secret Agents Week Two


Here's our enlisted Nursing in Public secret agents for the second week of November!! Interested in being an agent for next week? Email in your info and a picture if you'd like to include that to thegoodletdown@gmail.com by noon Sunday. NNIPL agents - please report back by Friday on how your experiences went this week and include photos of you nursing in public if you've got 'em! 

I niped to day in Chili pepper. Which  here in yuma AZ. Is a locally owned and opperated mexican restaurant famous for there bean and cheese burritos.  And some major bomb salsa. Anyways it was me,my 2 kids. My sister and her son. And nursed my hungry lil man in the middle of the dinning room .  I realized that when iam nursing even at home i don't really look around at other people.  So i guess i could careless if someone saw or what they thought. But this place is always packed at lunch. So iam sure i was seen.   Next week park and library.  ~ Renae

I think this might be a little bit late, but I did NIP at the Knoxville Zoo, as well as Knoxville Center Mall in the last week! They weren't technically in November, since I hadn't realized that the goal was for November at the time! I nursed as I walked during Boo at the Zoo, and I don't even think anyone noticed, though walking and nursing is getting more difficult as he gets bigger! At Knoxville Center Mall, I nursed in several locations, and the picture included is from the food court. I got a couple of looks from a few teenage boys who were sitting a table away from us, but they didn't seem too bothered by it. I did use a cover this time, because I was wearing my Halloween costume and I did not feel comfortable exposing my entire breast. All in all, both experiences were positive for me! ~ Rachel

I have a 10 month old boy, and we nurse in public all the time. I have never had anyone say anything negative to me or give me funny looks. Servers in restaurants have always been very professional while waiting on my table if I was NIP'ing, never once even paying any attention to it. Most of the time I don't even think anyone notices. I don't use a cover, though I did for the first 3 months. I have NIP'ed in rural VT, Boston, around CT, several places in MT, all around WA and mostly in Seattle. I NIP'd today at Cal Anderson Park in Seattle with my friends Rachelle and Juan. Rachelle was nursing her 5 month old girl. Juan was just hanging out. We saw 2 other moms nursing in the park separately, both with groups of friends and both using covers. I plan on NIP'ing several days each week in November, mostly around Capitol Hill in Seattle. I'll be sure to get pics next time. Rachelle and I are hanging out again Tuesday, so I'll try to get a pic of the 2 of us. ~Audrey

Hi, I am Christi. I am the mom of 3 little girls ages 3 and under. I breastfed all of them in public whenever they needed. I am currently breastfeeding my youngest who is 5 months old. I am committed to breastfeeding her at the local library on Tuesday November 8.

Hi! I'd love to help! My name is Emily and my son, Zac, is 5 months old. My mother didn't nurse me because I'm adopted, but I knew nursing was for me the minute my tiny son latched!  I plan to nurse in public without a cover, but I will nurse discretely and with confidence! I will nurse at HEB on Palm Valley in Round Rock, Texas and at Lakeline mall in Cedar Park, Texas. I'm excited to let you know how it went! ~Emily & Zac


Here are my goals for the next two weeks, since I'm late! My name is Jessica and I have an 11 month old daughter-she'll be one on Nov 16!!!  We live in metro Detroit, MI.  I have my annual ob gyn appointment on Tuesday, Nov 8.  I plan on nursing in the waiting room, most likely without a cover. Maybe some mammas to be will see me and see that nursing (especially in public) is normal and wonderful.  Maybe I could help them make up their minds to try breastfeeding.  :)
Week of Nov 13-18. My husband's family goes on a trip to Frankenmuth, MI every year the weekend before Thanksgiving. I plan to nurse all over that town all weekend! I may use a cover if I'm outside and its chilly or especially crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment