Thursday, October 20, 2011

NNIPL November

In November we'd like to start the Normalizing Nursing in Public agenda. We would love to have volunteers from around the globe set a personal goal of nursing in public and then report back to us on how it went. You can be a first timer in public or an old pro. You can do it alone, with friends, whatever you want to do. Consider yourselves NNIPL agents on a secret mission.

Example:




Hi! I'm Jennifer, stay-at-home-mom of a 4 month old daughter, and I have committed to nursing in public at the Westfield Mall in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania this week. I has never nursed in public before because I've always been afraid that someone will harass me. I am the first in my family to breastfeed and have not had a role model. I plan on using a cover and will try to nurse on an isolated bench somewhere in the mall.





Here's the plan: By Sunday noon of each week send your commitment information, like the example above, to thegoodletdown@gmail.com - we would love to have a photo of you too. If you want to be really specific (11am on Thursday) in the hopes that some of our fans would join you in there to also nurse or just provide support please do so, otherwise you can be vague and just say it will be sometime that following week.

Sunday night we will publish a blog with all the folks who are going to NIP (nurse in public) that week and you will have a whole lot of people cheering you on your quest! After you have nursed in public please report back to us on your experience by Friday evening. If possible, take a photo or having someone else take your picture while breastfeeding in public to also include on the blog.

We will be doing this the whole month of November! Please sign up if you'd like to be one of our league members getting yourself out there and normalizing nursing in public!


4 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I'll be sending my email shortly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same. I did just nurse on the grass outside the Denver Aquarium last week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish my baby was born all ready my son weaned when my milk changed :( I can't participate until this little girl makes her entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nursed my 4 month old at Glenbrook mall in Fort Wayne, IN after my toddler and I had lunch.
    No one disturbed us :)

    ReplyDelete