Monday, August 29, 2011

Problematic Mammary Sucker (PMS)

Earth Mama Angel Baby Organic Milkmaid Tea

















My fertility returned when my daughter was about 7 months old - just as it had with my son. Shucks! Here I was hoping tandem nursing would buy me a little more time. The day before it happened my daughter went on a pretty major nursing strike and would arch away from my breasts. I had no idea what was happening. It was in that same time frame that I had my horribly failed experiment with fenugreek also, so we had several hurdles causing her to reject the boobs.

A month later, same fussy arching... only this time no fenugreek to complicate things even worse. She would nurse sometimes, but pretty much only when tired and even then it was a fight. Latch on, latch off, arch, kick, bite, etc. I counted out the days and figured that was just about right. This reaction was new territory for me as my son had never even blinked an eye when I was having my period. I asked around, and it turns out I'm not alone. Some kids are just fussy about it.


I have been drinking 2-3 glasses of Mothers Milk Tea per day and it seems to be helping. Chicklett still fussy initially, but once there is a letdown she will have a regular nursing session. We're about four months into having fertility return and I've gotten into a good routine of just starting the Mothers Milk Tea around day 26/27 and now a change in her nursing habits is barely noticeable. Yay!


Thank YOU Mothers Milk Tea!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! What a good idea. I will keep this in mind when my fertility returns and look to see if my son seems to notice my cycles. Interesting, I had never thought of that before!

    ReplyDelete