Thursday, May 5, 2011

Toddlers are SO funny!

I think there are few things cuter then when toddlers respond to their mamas breastfeeding their younger siblings. When Ella was in the NICU. every morning Olivia would pump before I would. She pumped juice and mama pumped milk. It was A-DOR-A-BLE! This morning I was nursing Ella and Olivia went into my room and got my bra and put it on. She came out and crawled up on the couch saying, "have boobies!" I asked her if she wanted boobies too (she likes to try) and she said "NO! Mama have Olivia's boobies", and she lifted her shirt. So I pretended to nurse from her because that's what she wanted me to do. Then she got down and squeezed her belly button and said "See? No breastmilk! Where'd my breast milk go??" She was absolutely panicked. She started searching around the house saying "Breastmilk? Breastmilk?! Where you go? Where my breast milk go? It in the closet? On my toys? Where my breast milk go? Oh breast milk where are you?" (so on and so forth) I honest to God was just about throwing up I was laughing so hard.

It was so darn funny, I knew our readers would appreciate it!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally get it. Just yesterday I was reading through Facebook when I looked in the other room and saw my 9 mo old laying in the floor fussing. Not crying hard but just fussing for attention. My 2yr old came running over and lifted up her shirt and leaned over the baby like she was trying to nurse. I said, "Lilly what ARE you doing?" She matter of factly said, "Baby said, give baby boobie mommy." Well I couldn't argue with that!

    ReplyDelete