Sunday, January 16, 2011

Proud Moment - My Son Breastfed!


For Mama Christa's Christmas present Megz and I went in on making a bunch of cute matching items; boppy cover, changing table cover, and oxygen tank cover. Megz had one of those mini boppy pillows meant to be used on an infant for tummy time, and we thought it'd be cute to make a matching cover for it and give it to Olivia (Mama Christa's two year old).

Upon completing the spread of matching goods my two year old son immediately took the mini boppy and wore it around his waist like a swimming tube. He starting chanting "A Boobie? A boobie??" like he normally does before nursing. I handed him a baby doll and he immediately sat down and hiked his shirt for it. Yay!! Sooooo cute! :) He made me super proud!


6 comments:

  1. HAHA!! SO Cute!! Matt brought out a baby doll the other day, and said the baby was sad. When I asked why, he said cause it was hungry. When I said what do we do when baby is hungry, he answered feed it. I said How do we feed it, and he replied: "With booby milk!" and handed the doll to Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I have a picture of William doing the same thing! We have pretty smart boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That's adorable! I try not to say things like, "I can't wait for my son to do XYZ" because I don't want to rush this time when he's small. But I would love for him to faux-breast feed someday :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply adorable! So far, Olivia only pumps because that's what she saw me do for 3 months but her day will come :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he is too cute! I remember one of my boys breastfeeding a doll at about that age. I thought it was just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute!! My 3 year old daughter got a baby doll for Christmas and it came with a sippy cup. Tonight she was playing with her dolly and said "Mommy, can I give my baby breast milk?" And I said "Of course you can!" Then she lifted up her shirt and put the doll to her chest. I thought it was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete