Wednesday, October 13, 2010

5 Breastfeeding Myths You Probably Believe are True

Here is an article on some common breastfeeding myths. Have a look and comment about what other myths YOU'VE heard about breastfeeding. In coming posts we will address more breastfeeding myths! 
-----------
"There are so many barriers and roadblocks to successful breastfeeding that make it so hard for so many women who want and do try. Medical professionals often get in the way of breastfeeding -- sometimes even lactation consultants can give bad advice.
No wonder our country's breastfeeding rates are so low, eh?
The number one weapon we have against bad information and advice is to SQUASH IT LIKE A BUG!By perpetuating myths, we only continue to make things harder for women in the future. That's why it's so important to really listen when someone tries to explain to you where someone misled you if you're discussing reasons why breastfeeding didn't work out for you -- even if it's too late for you, any time you discuss your baby's feedings, you can help quell the myths that were your downfall so maybe where you failed, someone else can succeed!

1 comment:

  1. These are great. I actually experienced the allergic reaction.......the more typical, that is. My baby was both lactose AND soy intolerant, he had horrible tummy pains for about a couple of months, ped. said to try removing lactose, which I did and he was still suffering, they had NO other suggestions, I did some research myself and found that many babies who have an intolerance to lactose also have a soy intolerance and what do you know, I had a brand new different baby on my hands after I cut both out. It never occured to me to go the formula route at all, not only because the special formula was VERY EXPENSIVE, but because, while it was a pain to check labels and change my diet, it wasn't the end of the world and it was best for him!!!! So glad I did my own research and didn't just resign myself to the very expensive formula!!!

    ReplyDelete